Home About Me Polish Wishlist Contact

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Models Own Bottle Shop & Colourcopia at Westfield London

Okay, so I had the most amazing day ever yesterday. I went to see Rita Ora in concert in Newcastle. But not only that, I only got to meet her before the show! How crazy is that?! The experience was unreal. If you know me well you'll know that I absolutely adore Rita and she's one of my idols, so it meant so much to be able to meet her like that. I know this isn't related to my blog but I'm going to do a post on the full night later this week, I'm just waiting for the picture I got with her to be put up by her management team. :)

But anyway, just a quick post today on two of my favourite shops to go to when I visit London! As you've probably established by now, I'm a huge fan of both OPI and Models Own. In Westfield Shopping Centre at White City/Shepherd's Bush, London, there is a pop-up Models Own stand and a shop named Colourcopia that stocks OPI. Lena White (OPI UK Distributor) opened Colourcopia a couple of years ago in addition to the nail bar they have in Selfridges on Oxford Street. Both of these stores are on the first floor of the shopping centre, pretty close to each other - how convenient!

Not really sure what these two girls are doing?
The Models Own bottle shop is quite simply fab. It's so unique because yep, you guessed it, it's in the shape of a nail polish bottle! How cool is that!? The bonus about the Models Own store is that you can get the full range of products (unlike at other stockists e.g. Boots) and still not have to pay postage to buy items from their website. They also usually have some description of offers on. I've heard that these are almost the same if not similar to the deals offered on the website, so I guess you're not missing much - it just means you get to avoid p&p, which is always a bonus for me. When I was there this weekend, they were offering 3 nail polishes for £12 and 6 bottles for £20 - saving you a considerable amount as one bottle of polish would usually cost you £5.

Here you can see the "bottle shape" of the store
Colourcopia also have a range of lacquers on offer, compared to if you just went to a local beauty supply store. They are currently clearing their stock of Nicole By OPI polishes as they are no longer stocking the brand (sad times), so they are all £5 at the moment, but only in store. I'm not sure how long the polishes will be available so if you want any I suggest you get down their quick! I also noticed that all bottles of Shatter lacquers were £4.50 and a "last chance to buy" section of regular OPI containing a few older shades like Fiercely Fiona, but I already had all of these ones so didn't get any. There was however no prices specified for these so I'm not sure if they were even discounted but still, a good way to get your hands on some discontinued polishes, even if you do have to pay the £11 RRP.  Again, not sure now long these will be there for so get down quickly! Perhaps they rotate the shades on offer here throughout the year? There is also the option to have your nails done here or at the nail bar in Selfridges, which is a nice touch. If you look on the Lena White or Colourcopia website you can see the various packages available with the prices for each one. I think you get a discount if you buy a polish towards your manicure.
Colourcopia is the store in the middle of this shot, next door to Pret (sorry it's not the best picture)

Have you visited either of these places before? What do you think?

Also who likes my new blog look? I'm really proud as I managed to do it all by myself!

That's all for today's post, so bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment