Home About Me Polish Wishlist Contact

Thursday 21 February 2013

Mariah Carey OPI Liquid Sand Polishes - The Impossible & Stay The Night

Hi everyone!

I have been meaning to do a post on OPI's first liquid sand polishes since they came out over a month ago now, but I've only just recently had the time to test them out! I love how OPI are always one of the first brands out there to invent new types of polish like these. These are part of the Mariah Carey collection and there are 4 liquid sand polishes and 4 regular polishes.

The colours in the collection are:
The Impossible - a bright red with star shaped confetti
Stay The Night - a black/pink mix
Can't Let Go - purple
Get Your Number - blue

I absolutely love these polishes. They give off such a unique effect. The texture is amazing, it's like gritty but not so gritty that it's sharp, horrible to touch or would easily snag on clothing or anything. I've had this polish on a week now and it's starting to become a bit more 'flat', shiny and less textured if that makes sense, but it still looks and feels fine. The polishes also seem to last really well on your nails, I only have very minimal tip wear - no chipping yet whatsoever. I've received so many compliments and people asking to touch my nails whilst wearing this! I can't yet comment on removal because I haven't taken it off yet but I'm hoping it isn't as bad as normal glitter...

The Impossible with Stay The Night as an accent nail
It's important to note that these polishes only give off the "sand" effect when used without a top coat. By all means if you want to achieve a slightly different look, then go ahead and apply one. It just means the texture won't be present and the polish will appear to be slightly more  'jelly' looking. I've heard that these polishes can eat insane amounts of top coat too, so if you do want to give this a go then I'm guessing you're gonna have to layer quite a few coats! It's really cool for an alternative though because it's almost like getting two polishes in one. :)

I can't wait to see what other liquid sand polishes OPI release this year! What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment