Home About Me Polish Wishlist Contact

Monday 8 July 2013

Nails Inc Leather & Skulls in Noho

I'm a huge fan of textured nail polishes, so when Nails Inc released their line of leather polishes a few months back I just knew I had to purchase them straight away. I didn't actually get round to giving them a go until May for my sixth form leavers ball but it was well worth the wait!
Bling It On: Leather & Skulls in Noho. RRP £19



I used the black leather polish - Noho - as an accent nail with one of the silver skulls that are included in the set. The application process in terms of the skulls may seem a hassle but it's surprisingly easy once you get going, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be - so that was a pleasant surprise!

Nails Inc Noho with silver skull as an accent and
OPI Liquid Sand in Solitaire for the other fingers

There are instructions on the back of the box but I will briefly explain the whole process. Firstly, you need to apply two coats of the polish and ensure it is fully dry. Note that you shouldn't use a top coat with these because it will ruin the effect! Take the small bottle of glue that is included and apply a small drop to your nail and to the back of the skull. Use tweezers to place the skull in the centre of the nail and hold it down for at least 60 seconds to allow enough time for the glue to set. You will be able to feel whether or not it has stuck properly. Finish off by using the wooden stick to apply glue to the edges of the skull to add extra strength

I think the skulls look amazing but I don't think they are the most practical things ever. They can catch on things quite easily. For example, washing your hair is a big no no because they just get stuck in it :( I removed the skulls after 2 days because of this and I knew they were likely to snag on clothes whilst I was at work, which wouldn't have been great. They are really great for a special occasion or if you're going out for the night though because they look absolutely fab - soooo sparkly.

However, the great thing about the skulls is that they can be reused! How amazing is that?! Just dip your finger in  nail polish remover until the glue has softened and the skull can then be removed, cleaned up (if required) and saved for later. You can do this by using tweezers.

This is me before leavers ball with my nails :)
As you can see I was very colour coordinated/monochrome haha
Overall, I'd definitely recommend these leather polishes, so well done Nails Inc! You can buy the polishes by themselves in a range of colours for £12 or in a set with the skulls for a slightly higher price of £19. They are available direct from nailsinc.com, asos.com or selected Boots just to name a few.

Until next time! xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment