Home About Me Polish Wishlist Contact

Monday 25 June 2012

OPI Nicki Minaj Collection - Pink Friday, Fly, Save Me & Super Bass Shatter!

Hey guys!

Hope you're all well. I'm reaalllyyy sorry about the lack of posts of the last few weeks, I've just been busy settling back into studying at sixth form! I've moved into year 13 now, which is kinda scary - it doesn't seem like two minutes ago since I started secondary school way back in year 7 and the last year has gone incredibly fast! Anyway, onto the post:

So today I have for you a Nicki Minaj themed manicure I did using some of the colours from the OPI collection released earlier this year. I thought it was very appropriate for today since she's just announced her UK arena tour - exciting stuff!!

Nicki Minaj Mix Up!

Here you can see Pink Friday (obviously the baby pink!) with the Super Bass Shatter over the top. And then on my other two fingers I layered Save Me over Fly.

The shatter is definitely my favourite of it's kind from OPI - when you look closely and in different lighting, it has a real shimmer/sparkle and it looks fab against lighter colours - especially the ones it's paired with in the collection! My photo is rubbish, so it's hard to tell here, but it's the only one I have. I would describe the actual colour itself as being plum.

Pink Friday is a gorgeous baby pink creme, not much else to say other than that it's super pretty and a girl can never have enough pink nail polish! In my opinion, it's a perfect pink and a must have if you're a fan of pink in general. It's like the ultimate girly colour. The formula could have be better, but it's workable. It took three coats for this photo because I had to get rid of brush strokes etc.

Save Me is a clear base containing regular silver microglitter particles along with bar shaped holographic glitter. I really like this because there isn't many other polishes like this around, even if it is an absolute pain to remove. I bet it looks fab on it's own, but as it's quite a sheer polish I chose to layer this because I'm stingy when it comes to wasting polish unnecessarily! HAHA. But I would say 4 coats alone might possibly be opaque? I used 2 layering.

As for Fly, I do like the colour - it's a mix between a blue and teal, sort of turquoise? I don't really know, it's kinda hard to describe. But I don't really feel like it's that special or unique compared to other colours in the collection. Still very nice though! Again, as with Pink Friday this was another 3-coater.

All in all, this has got to be one of my favourite OPI collections to date. Which is your favourite from the above?

No comments:

Post a Comment