Home About Me Polish Wishlist Contact

Sunday 7 October 2012

Jack Wills Inspired Stripe Nails

Hey bloggers!

Today I'm going to show you a set of nails that I did that were inspired by the colours of the brand Jack Wills.

When I did these, I was testing the tape method so they're not really that straight but nevermind I guess. It was so stressful! Personally, I would say that if you want to do stripes like then you need to invest in either a striper brush or some nail art pens with a striper in them. I would recommend just buying a brush more because it means you can use it with any colour at all - if you buy pens, you're usually just restricted to more basic colours. I have the Orly Striper Brush which works really well and also isn't that expensive (pictured below). But yeah, basically don't use tape because it's really hard to get perfect lines and you can sometimes mess up the base polish when you peel it off which is never good!

Orly Striper Brush
I used OPI's 'Pink Friday' for the pink, and Rimmel London's 60 seconds polish in '850 - Aye, Aye, Sailor' for the navy. Obviously, I love OPI polishes and I've commented on the formula for this particular shade in a previous post. This was the first time I'd tried a Rimmel polish like this and I have to say I was impressed. I really liked the size of the brush and I was able to apply the polish smoothly onto my nails. It did dry quickly, but not quite in 60 seconds. It was touch-dry in this time but I wouldn't say it was dry enough to go and do anything immediately after application without spoiling/smudging.

(pictured here with a Jack Wills Travel Pass Holder)
Which method do you prefer to create stripes? Feel free to leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment